Jun 21, 2011

My Supporting Cast - Ryan and Trey

Before going any further I must tell you how I got started with Crossfit. My husband Ryan had done it in the past and really liked it a lot.  He used to describe the WOD's to me and I thought he was crazy.  Seriously insane.  Look up the workout called "Murph" and you'll understand what I was thinking. Fast forward a couple years to early 2011.  Our eight year old son decided he didn't want to play baseball anymore but we both knew he needed to do something active.  He took a free class at Crossfit Texas in Pflugerville and loved it.  Now he's going twice a week and making his own strength, agility and speed gains all under the guise of having fun!

Ryan has been training me at a regular gym until we can afford for me to go to the Crossfit Texas box as well.  That's a huge goal because I know the teamwork and camraderie there will inspire me to work even harder.  Ryan is incredibly patient with me, demonstrating lift after lift, and breaking each movement down into great detail so I can understand it.  He WOD's and sweats right along with me and I love every minute of it!

I also love having another thing to talk about with Trey and he thinks it's pretty cool too.  I'll never forget how he cheered me on through my first" Murph" in our garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment