Jun 25, 2011

Silly meatheads. Barbells are for girls too.

Today was one of the few days I hit the gym without Ryan. He and I are crossfitting at a gym til we can get to our nearest box.  Usually I don't notice other people's reactions to us since I'm only concentrating on us and the WOD.  Being there by myself though is a different story. Ryan is my street cred for the free weights area.

Saturdays are apparently very popular days for the meatheads.  You know them, the dudes that wear the dental floss tank tops to show off their girly muscles.  I believe those came the closest to fashionable back when MC Hammer pants were cool.  I'm guessing circa 1988.  But I digress. Fortunately for me I don't like working out in front of a mirror because these guys were fighting each other for space.  I half expected a bikini clad girl to come give them a spray tan between sets.

I got some very perplexed looks when I started doing today's WOD with the Oly lifts.  I understand it's a little unexpected to see a 5'2 woman playing with barbells.  I totally get it.  I was doing my sumo high pulls and almost laughed out loud when a dude started doing them right behind me lol.  Bad form and everything haha!  It was awesome.

My message for today is: Move over meatheads, I'm gonna keep right up with you.  I might not have as much weight on my bar but you're still gonna have to wait until my set is over for the bench.  I have as much right to this equipment as you so BEAT IT!  And no I don't need a spot, dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment