Jul 25, 2011

Oly Lifting practice w Howard

Worked on snatch with Howard today.  This and the OHS were my weakest lifts but I feel much more confident about them now.  Howard is a wealth of knowledge on form so I kept my mouth shut and listened, listened, listened.  He was so generous to spend his whole Sunday in the crazy heat, helping anyone who wanted it for FREE!

Just more evidence that the coaches at CFTX are simply the best!!!

I had a couple instances where my explosion was good so I gotta remember exactly how that felt.  My foot placement goes a little wide after the stomp but Howard said that's an easy fix once I get my explosion down.  I can only muscle up so much, it's the explosion that's gonna increase my weight load.  He also had me going down to a power squat (half way) instead of all the way down.  That helped tremendously.  The full squat will come and the confidence I gained from today's practice will get me there!

Thanks so much Howard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment