Jul 13, 2011

WOD 7.13.11 - and a HUGE development!!!

First stuff's first...

Skill Work
5x3 OHS

EMOTM for 10mins
5 hang power cleans (95/65)
5 push presses (95/65)
5 back squats (95/65)

I did all 10 rounds of this but had to drop weight to 35.  I know I can clean and also push press 55 but today my body didn't wanna do it even once.  Hmmm. 



And now for the fun news...
I got my first band KIPPING pullups last night!  Holla!!!! I had no intentions of trying a kip and ended up completely surprising myself lol!  Heidi, another one of the rocking coaches at CFTX, came over to help me with band form and then threw in the swing motion.  After a few tries I got like 3 kips IN A ROW!  It's one thing to face something new with the intention of trying and having the familiar feelings of apprehension or doubt.  It's totally another thing to have a coach believe in you enough to push you to another level that you weren't even thinking of trying yet.  There was no time for fear of failure or doubt on my part, I just did it.  I'm excited to try this approach on more new challenges at the box.  Thank you Heidi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment