Jul 26, 2011

WOD 7.26.11 - back squats and DU's.

Skill :  press 5x5 for max.  No legs, just straight up from arms.  55lbs was my max.

WOD: 3 rounds for time

10 back squats (135/95)
50 double unders

Results
Didn't look at my time.  I don't have DU's yet so I had to do triple singles each time... and yes that adds up to 450.  My brain feels like it's still jumping inside my head and I know if I threw up I'd feel a LOT better.  Did 65lbs for the back squats, should've done 75.

Limiters
1. I gotta work on my rope skills.  If I can't get DU's yet I at least have to clean up my singles.  Not sure how to fix the brain-bouncing-inside-my-head feeling but I'll work on it.
2. Self doubt.  Today's WOD marks several where I could have gone heavier but didn't.  Where I should've put 10 more on the bar to really push it.  I can't advance if I don't first fail.  I think in the timed WOD's I'm afraid of having to take time to drop weight.  I'd rather finish last and go to failure on a lift than finish middle of the pack with a less challenging weight. 
3. Sleep wasn't so much an issue this time.  Got 6.5hrs which is much more doable than the 4hrs I've been consistently getting.
4. Must eat more.

Side note: pullups were part of the warmup today so I grabbed the blue band and jumped up to kip.  Totally lost it.  I think I may have moved from the green band too soon.  I feel like my body is falling apart all over.  Any gains I've made in the past couple weeks seem to be slipping away.  I'm not sure what it is but it sucks.  I don't feel strong at all, instead I feel mostly pukey.  I hope I'm not overtraining...

4 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself honey. These things happen to everyone. You will get everything back with a vengence. I was told by my trainer- that he would rather we go heavy (rx) and take longer, than to go light and finish super fast. Keep that in mind. You are doing so well! Don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy! I think I've got to work on my food intake or something cause the energy just isn't there. Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna try going heavier and slower. I know in my heart that's what I should be doing but I kept chicken-ing out on the weights at the last minute lol. I did MUCH better today though... I'll be blogging about it later today :) You're an inspiration Katy and I'm so glad we get to chronicle our journeys together! I hope we can WOD together in person someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love. There are many factors that play into it all. You ran into a fluish like bug...That never helps. Plus you have been skimping on sleep and food both of which will affect you. You are still new to this whole thing. Like Katy says it all comes back. Work on getting more rest and eating cleaner and that will make a huge difference!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete