Jul 18, 2011

WOD 7.18.11 - DL and HSPU

5 rounds for time

5 HSPU
10 DL (155/115)


Results
4:17    I was the second one finished but modified both moves so it doesn't truly count.   I used a 20" box for a modified HSPU since this was my first time doing them.  By the second set I wish I had done a 24" so I'll remember that for next time.  For deadlifts I did 95 and they felt good.  By rep 6 or 7 in each set I felt like I was pulling more with my back.  I asked Brannon about it and after watching me do a couple, he noticed I was hyperextending at the top.  I was jutting out my chest too much and curving the top of my back outwards, making my lower back sore.  After his correction I did a few more and they felt better.

Rob took a cert this weekend and came back with some great info.  Before every deadlift he had us clench our butt cheeks and pull the belly button to the spine.  I think that was supposed to keep our midline straight?  I forget the why but I do know it helped me with the lifts  :)

He also showed us to rotate our wrists and arms for pushups.  You don't literally pick up your hands and move them but turn your arms outward to go down and inward to go back up, like your arms are screws.  This made pushups easier and more efficient.

I worked on some kipping pullups after class and am now using the thinner blue band...Yay!  I also practiced double unders and finally got one!  Bunny hop not donkey jump!

Today was a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment