Aug 11, 2011

WOD 8-11-11 - another PR!

Strength:  Press 1-1-1-1-1

Skill:  100 double unders - 5min cap

WOD:  5 minute AMRAP
5 ring dips
8 box jumps

Results
Went for a PR press (70lbs) but only got half way.  Tried 5 frickin times lol.  Matched my max of 65.
Ok scratch all of the above sentence lol.  My previous max press was 60 so I actually got another PR today... 65lbs!  Yay!
Whipped myself in the head numerous times from the DU's but got several more this time...yay!  Progress is progress.
7 rounds plus 5 box jumps so... only 3 more jumps and I would've had 8 rounds.  So close!  Did good on the bouncing back down form the box and immediately back up.  That's a new development for me and I kept that up almost the entire time.  Whenever I thought too much about it I froze up so today's lesson is "less thinking".  This was my first time with ring dips so I did them on my toes.  They didn't get really tough until set 7.  Somewhere in the middle (maybe set 4 or 5) I lifted up off the ground and that felt good.  Challenging good but too hard to keep that motion from then on.

All in all a great WOD!  SO glad to be back to 530am!

No comments:

Post a Comment