Aug 1, 2011

WOD 8.1.11 - Squat cleans and burpee box jumps

Skill Work
Squat clean 5x5

WOD
5 rounds
5 power cleans
5 burpee box jumps (24"/20")

Results
6:22.  Today was my first day back after The Infamous Stomach Bug of 2011, which morphed into finding out I'm completely lactose intolerant.  Fun Fun. 

First things first, after 4 days off in a row I didn't do too bad.  My lifts felt pretty good and I only needed a few tweaks here and there (elbows UP!!!).  The burpees sucked, as usual, but the box jumps surprised me.

I've never had an issue with box jumps.  I usually do the 20" and, although my form isn't awesome yet, I feel like I'm fairly proficient at them and would consider them in my wheelhouse.  When I see them listed in a WOD my heart doesn't say "oh shit".  Today a very curious thing happened; after a couple jumps on the 20" I stopped.  Hesitated.  Thought too much and scared myself into thinking I was gonna wipe out.  Hmmm.  I've never wiped out on a box before and I strictly avoid any crazy YouTube videos showing that.  The fear/doubt/hesitation I had today was completely new and came out of nowhere.  I'm not upset with myself persay, I'm more curious about it than anything.  I finished the WOD on the 18", almost laughing out loud with the thought of "WTF was that?" lol. 

Now onto an even more curious finding.  After a simple experiment involving straight up milk and whey protein, I found I am completely lactose intolerant.  This will certainly make going Paleo a little easier lol.


Limiter:  4 days off

No comments:

Post a Comment