Aug 5, 2011

WOD 8.5.11 - fun WOD plus another PR

Skill
Back Squat  5x3  -  115lbs... a new PR and only 10lbs away from body weight yay!!!  My last max for these was 75 and that was only 10 days ago!!!  That was right before I got the Super Stomach Bug of 2011 though so that's probably why I felt weaker then.  I love working on strength skills and getting new PR's.  It's a great barometer to chart my progress and Grrr-ing through the heavy weight feels awesome!


Partner WOD
3 rounds for time
25m weighted lunge (25/10)
25 pullups
25 ring push ups
50 sit ups

I partnered with Jill this morning :)  We did 10lbs for the lunge and this was my first time doing those.  I could have pushed and done the 25 but now I know for next time.  This was also my first time with ring push ups and whew those were awkward!  I did them modified where I walked forward a bit to make the rings about 2ft from the ground.  I went back to the green band for the pullups and those felt great.  Had a good solid rhythm going.

Limiter
4 hrs sleep, chinese food and a couple beers last night.  I still felt good this morning and am pleased with my effort but I think if I got 6hrs of sleep and ate clean I would have done even better.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment