Sep 21, 2011

WOD 9.19.11 - DEADLIFT

SWOD
Deadlift at 90% max effort
70% x 3 reps, 80% x 3 reps, 90% x 3 reps + max reps

WOD
21, 15, 9
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Squats

Results
First I'd like to say that I am loving the new strength system we've got going on.  I think Brannon said it's modeled after the Wendler 5 3 1 program.  I can't wait to do maxes again at the end of it!!!

My DL max is 165 so my 90% is 135 and the other percentages are off of that.  My max reps with the 90% (135) was 15.  It was my grip that failed me, I had a few more in me if I could've just HELD ON!  Lady Grrr was out for each rep after 8 lol.  Ashley laughed and said I need to find a new max because I did so many max reps lol.

I got 7:16 for the WOD.  I liked this one.  Quick, but certainly not easy.  I need to work on my kipping PU's for sure.  We haven't seen them in a while for a WOD it seems so I was a little rusty.  I was almost at a blue band a little while back but here I clearly needed the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment