Sep 27, 2011

WOD 9.26.11 - Back Squats

SWOD
Back Squats
1 set of 5 at 75%
1 set of 3 at 85%
1 set of 1 at 95%

2mins: as many sit ups as possible

WOD - 7min AMRAP
5 box jumps
5 SDLHP
5 clapping push-ups


Results
I am afraid of back squats.  There, I said it.  This is the lift that I jacked up my shoulder on and also fell forward with the weight one time after that.  I used to think this was my strongest lift (PR 145) but now I'm afraid of it and it shows.  I can't remember the exact weights I did for all of them but the most I got up was 115 at 3reps.  Bleh!

For the st-ups I subbed planks and I did a full 1minute before breaking.  After that I just held on as long as possible.  After the 1min hold I got in two more.  My lower back was screaming at me and my legs were shaking but I'm happy with the 1minute.
For the WOD I did a 20" box and a 55lb (1.5pood) KB.  I got in 7 rounds plus 2box jumps.  My breathing sucks and I don't know how to fix that.  My body could have done much more but the stupid gasping held me back.  Gotta figure out how to improve there.

No comments:

Post a Comment